Khaman dhokla. Khaman Dhokla Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). Khaman dhokla recipe with step by step photos. Khaman dhokla or khaman as its called is a Usually I prepare khaman dhokla with the steaming method. but when I am short of time I cook it in.
Instant Khaman Dhokla is a steamed cake prepared with chickpea flour and spices. Fail-Proof Khaman Dhokla recipe, Dhokla ki recipe, How make khaman dhokla Khaman Dhokla - A mouth-watering, delicious, Vegan, nutritious Gujarati steamed cake/Snack recipe which is prepared using chickpea flour and few Indian Spices. This Indian healthy snack can be eaten. You can cook Khaman dhokla using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Khaman dhokla
- You need 1 cup of besan/gram flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sooji.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thick curd.
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It's 1 of eno pouch.
- It's of Tempering.
- You need 1 tablespoon of refined oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of salt.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies(slit).
- You need 5-6 of Curry leaves.
- It's 2 tsp of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
Khaman Dhokla is a soft and spongy Gujarati snack. It has a slightly sweet and tangy taste. The porous and fluffy nature of the snack is on account of addition of small amount of baking soda. Khaman (Besan) dhokla, is a tasty Gujarati snack.
Khaman dhokla step by step
- First of all mix all the ingredients of the batter.....except eno.
- Whip it thoroughly.
- Grease an aluminium or cake pan or a thali......
- Boil 2 cups water in Kadai for steam.
- Add eno in the batter.
- Whip it in one direction till it doubles it size.....
- Immediately pour in greased thali.....
- And set it in Kadai...and cover the kadai.
- It will be cooked in steam.
- Check with a tooth pick after 10-12 min.
- Let it cool alittle and cut into pieces.
- Now get ready for yummy tadka.
- Take oil in a pan.
- Add Sarso seeds.
- Let them crackle.....
- Add curry leaves....and green chilli......
- Then add water,sugar....let it boil.
- Pour over the dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Let it cool...serve with green chutney.
This salty snack has a texture similar to cake. This will be used to steam the dhokla. When the water boils, turn down the heat to medium. Technically dhokla and khaman are different. Dhokla is made from a fermented batter of ground rice and chana dal.