Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF. Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over pie filling. Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture. Great recipe for Vickys Sticky Ginger Cake (like the McVities Jamaican Ginger Cake).
Cherry Frangipane Cake - a delicious cherry and almond cake perfect for any summer celebration! In this particular case, the cherry syrup is aromatized with ginger and mint and this gives the all cake a refreshing twist. I can't wait for cherries to be back in season down-under so I can make it again! You can cook Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF
- You need of Streusal Topping.
- You need 25 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need 25 grams of ground almonds.
- You need 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 25 grams of butter / sunflower spread.
- You need of Cherry Cake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground flax seed.
- It's 6 tbsp of warm water.
- It's 125 grams of softened butter / sunflower spread.
- Prepare 125 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 30 ml of water or milk.
- Prepare 75 grams of ground almonds.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 75 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of (rounded) baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 300 grams of fresh cherries, halved and stoned.
- It's of Extra Topping.
- Prepare 50 grams of flaked almonds.
- You need of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
Gluten free chocolate cake recipe with orange glazed. This cake is also dairy free. Apple Streusel Cake Recipe & Video. This easy German streusel cake recipe features a cherry filling.
Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF step by step
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside for 15 minutes until gelatinous (you can use 2 eggs in place of this and ignore this step).
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line a 20cm cake tin.
- Make the topping first by mixing the flour, ground almonds and sugar together. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the flax mixture and the milk (or 2 eggs), half of the ground almonds and stir in, then add the rest of the ground almonds and the extract and mix together.
- Add the baking powder and xanthan gum if using to the flour, then fold into the rest of the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and even it out with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the cherries over the top of the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the streusal topping over the cherries and add the flaked almonds on top of that if desired.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the almonds / topping is slightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let stand in the tin for 10 minutes before releasing. Dust with icing sugar if desired before serving.
- A lovely dessert served warm with custard or ice cream.
The crust is made with flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, and butter. This easy German streusel cake (streuselkuchen) with fruit filling is the closest German cooks get to a pie. While the concept is similar, slant-sided pies are an. GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook. Great recipe for Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF.