Mexican Wedding Cookies. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the flour and almonds, mix until blended. Return the cookies to the cooling rack and let cool completely before serving.
Gradually add flour, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. The history of Mexican wedding cakes is largely unknown. Some believe the recipe originated in Eastern Europe. You can cook Mexican Wedding Cookies using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Wedding Cookies
- It's 2 3/4 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It's 2 cup of Plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Finely chopped, toasted pecans.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
Whatever the origin story, these cookies became increasingly popular in the twentieth century, typically served during special occasions like weddings and Christmas. Key ingredients in Mexican wedding cakes are pretty basic. mexican wedding cookies recipe Wedding cookies were our first choice for Christmas cookie baking, they are so easy to make and your kids will enjoy making them too. Christmas is a good time for you and your family to make happy memories together. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
Mexican Wedding Cookies step by step
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 mins. Beat in vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix in low until a stiff dough forms. Mix in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs. Or overnite..
- Shape dough into small balls place balls 1" apart on parchment paper. Refrigerate 10 mins.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes..
- Let cookies rest on pan for 5mins. While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely and roll again in sugar..
Using an electric mixer at low speed, cream the butter and confectioner's sugar at low speed until smooth. Mexican Wedding Cookie Recipes Traditional Mexican wedding cakes are actually melt-in-your-mouth, delicate cookies that are so buttery and delicious, we dare you to have just one. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheets.