Easy Moist Lemon Curd Filled Muffins. These luscious Easy Lemon Curd Muffins are best made with my Granny's Quick Lemon Curd which sinks during baking leaving a delicious sticky puddle! After sharing some snaps on social media these Easy Lemon Curd Muffins caused quite a stir. I'm not surprised, they are fabulously moist, tangy.
Grated lemon peel adds flavor to this basic muffin recipe for citrus-accented homemade muffins you can this recipe is tasty and easy a few suggestions though I grated all of the zest off of a whole lemon and added This is a good basic muffin mix but it is too dry and definitely not lemony enough. Make these sweet springtime desserts in popover or muffin pans. Find lemon curd in the preserves section of It is one of my favorites! You can cook Easy Moist Lemon Curd Filled Muffins using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Moist Lemon Curd Filled Muffins
- Prepare 200 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 100 g of light muscovado sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It's 75 ml of sunflower oil.
- It's 160 ml of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of tbls/half a lemon lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of tbls/ 1 lemon zest.
- You need 60 of ml/12 tsp lemon curd.
Love the lemon curd, but try it with cherry or other fruit curd too. If anyone can't get hold of Lemon Curd at your local store, you can make your own. Below I have included a recipe but feel free to use your own recipe. A big moist lemon muffin with a crunchy topping.
Easy Moist Lemon Curd Filled Muffins step by step
- Heat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas 5. Line a 12 whole muffin tin with paper cases..
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl mix in the sugar.
- Mix together the egg, sunflower oil, milk,lemon zest and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Make a well in the flour and sugar mix add some of the liquid mix into the centre of the well in the flour mix then stir in (this helps the dry and wet mixes mix together) continue to stir in the wet mix to the dry mix to make the muffin batter add some juice of a lemon stir it in..
- Fill the muffin cases half full with the batter then place 1 tsp of lemon curd on top then top up the muffin cases with remaining muffin batter..
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle shelf.DO NOT SLAM the door. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and firm..
Great as a breakfast muffin, at tea time or for a summer picnic. Mix together until just moistened, don't overmix as this causes tough muffins. Half fill muffin cases with the mixture then add half teaspoon of lemon curd to each muffin. Lemon + poppy seed is one of my favorite combos. I love chocolate, but there's something about the sweet, slightly tangy flavor of How full to fill muffin tins?